Location and Hours
City of Richmond City Hall Annex
600 Morton Street
Richmond, TX 77469
Phone: (281) 342-0559
Fax: (832) 595-0344
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The mission of Sanitation is to provide timely and optimal removal of residential and commercial refuse and recycling materials. It is our goal to enhance the city be expediting prompt removal of all items placed curbside on the day of collection.
Republic Services is responsible for solid waste and recycling services for the City. Republic Services manages the residential solid waste program, commercial solid waste program, and recycling program. The City of Richmond contracts with Republic Services to provide solid waste and recycling services to residents of Richmond in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound and cost-effective.
All solid waste, recycling, heavy item (once-a-month) and lawn/limb compost shall be placed at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
Republic Services Recycling/Bulky Waste Changes - Starting Monday, March 30th:
Beginning Monday, March 30th Republic Services will have a temporary change in the recycling and bulky waste pick-up services. The recycling and bulky waste services has been cancelled until further notice. Republic Services focus is on continued daily operation. Since families are sheltering at home and volume has increased dramatically, some adjustments to normal operations are required in order to ensure collection services. There will be no change to the trash service which is picked up twice-a-week.
- No recycling service on Fridays.
- No bulky waste service for the 2nd Wednesday of the month. The Spring Cleanup has also been cancelled. The Shred Event has been rescheduled for October 24th. Please do not place bulky items at the curb. They will not be picked up.
- Trash service will remain the same, there is no change. Carts should be curbside by 7 a.m., with 3 feet of space between any other objects such as cars, mailboxes, fences, etc.
- Green waste collection will continue, however we anticipate delays in service. By taking the following steps, residents can help minimize these delays:
- Mulch leaves and grass clippings instead of bagging them for disposal.
- Limit the amount of pruning and aesthetic tree trimming to only what’s essential.
- If utilizing a landscape company, ensure that all green waste is collected and hauled off by the contractor.
Thank you for your patience as the City works with Republic to continue to provide service to our residents in the safest manner possible. Questions? Please contact the Public Works Department at 281-342-0559.
- Interactive Map:
- Solid Waste - Twice a Week
- Curbside Recycling - Every Friday
- Yard Waste - Every Wednesday
- Heavy Trash (Bulk Waste) - Second Wednesday of the Month
Solid Waste Service for MUDs:
- Del Webb - MUD 187 - Republic Waste - Please call the City at 281-342-0559.
- River's Edge - MUD 140 - Best Trash - Please call 281-313-2378.
- Riverpark West - MUD 121 - WCA - Please call 281-368-8397.
- Veranda - MUD 215 - Best Trash - Please call 281-313-2378.
- Williams Ranch - WR MUD 1 - Republic Waste - Please call the City at 281-342-0559.
City of Richmond Trash Holidays for 2020