The City of Richmond is pleased to recognize the people, programs and events that make Richmond unique by issuing proclamations and other recognitions.
The following types of Proclamations may be requested:
- Recognizing a day or special event (i.e., Child Safety Month, Lemonade Day, Older Americans Month)
- Distinguished Service Awards
- Honoring Eagle Scouts
- Certificates of Appreciation
- Acknowledging donations or service
- Certificates of Congratulations
- Anniversaries (60+)
- Birthdays (100+)
- Sports achievements (state championships or equivalent), etc.
- Honorary Citizen Certificates
- For out-of-town visitors
- Church/Clergy Anniversary Certificates
- Community Service Awards
If you would like a proclamation to be recognized at a City Commission Meeting, please download and complete a proclamation request form and return it to the City Secretary at 402 Morton Street no later than 15 business days prior to the meeting. Proclamations are recognized only at regular session commission meetings.