Download Job Applications
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:(F-3) $57,929 - $81,101 DOQ
- Posted Date:01/17/2019
- Deadline to Apply:03/01/2019
The City of Richmond is accepting applications for the position of Training Chief in the Fire Department. This position will provide training, educational opportunities and direction to Fire Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate and deliver training and assist in analyzing organizational training needs; research new materials and ideas for training; attend conferences and seminars; conduct training classes; coordinate training schedules; network and communicate with other departments and agencies to maintain current standards and provide training;
- Provide a resource of instructors to assist other City departments; provide valid interpretation on current legal issues regarding training standards and limitations; and ensure firefighters have met training requirements set by regulating agencies;
- Provide guidance and motivation toward physical fitness, health and wellness.
- Provide career counseling to firefighters by developing a strategic plan for firefighters to achieve goals and objectives; provide a tactical assessment of skills and development; provide a stage for firefighters to plan for training in fields offered in the fire service;
- Assist with applications and the administration of grants; maintain records and training documentation; update records in accordance with changing policies and procedures; record requests for training; and audit records to evaluate compliance with state agencies;
- Assist with budgeting for aspects relating to training and travel.
- Oversee the safety of the department's overall operations and serve as a Safety Officer during routine and emergency operations; coordinate the administration of the department Health & Wellness program; provide for the privacy and security issues related to HIPAA regulations for medical records from medical calls;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24- hour recall.
To view full job description Click Here
Qualifications: Minimum of two years as a Battalion Chief or higher, or five years as a Lieutenant. Certified Advanced Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection. Advanced Level Emergency Medical Technician (Intermediate) from National Registry or Texas Department of State Health Services. Preferred: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience with Law Enforcement and Emergency Medical Response preferred. Fire Officer and Instructor II Certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection. The Fire Department Administration & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Qualified applicants may complete a City of Richmond Fire Department job application which may be obtained at Richmond City Hall, 402 Morton St., Richmond, TX or by downloading from www.richmondtx.gov. Completed application and resume are to be returned to Human Resources at City Hall, or via email to email@example.com.
THE CITY OF RICHMOND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER